Engaging with stakeholders improves the quality and effectiveness of decision-making
- Contributing to organizational and project goals
- Building trust and relationships
- Increasing support for decisions
We develop engagement plans and manage implementation. We provide facilitation and communications to support implementation. Essence applies the principles of public participation to engagement planning and implementation within organizations as well. Katherine Roberts is accredited by the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) and Essence uses the IAP2 spectrum of participation.
We work with you to identify
- Which decisions could benefit from stakeholder engagement
- Who the stakeholders are and what they can bring
- What level of involvement is appropriate
Careful planning and selection of engagement tools and facilitation processes can change
- The way people feel about topics discussed in the room
- How they speak about it afterward
- How they view the relationships
Done well, it can build goodwill and create champions — among employees and other stakeholders. People are more likely to support change they help create.
Clients say . . .
“Essence is supportive, engaged, exceptionally competent and embraces the big picture.”
“They put considerable effort into understanding our needs – leading to useful insights and exceptional customer service.”
“The quality of work is excellent and the recommendations are meaningful and relevant.”